--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are we to view this as a price we pay for freedom, or was it
> political correctness gone wild?  Interesting topic.  Please read:

The price we pay for freedom, perhaps. Either you have a legitimate
stop or you don't. You have a legitimate search or you don't. If you
stopped every car, you'd seize more weapons.

First we have the stop. Was it legal?

Then you need probable cause to do the search.

The question is has the NJSP stopped doing stops that would be legal
just not to go through the hassle?

It might be effective to stop every person with a doo rag on but is
it legal? Yes, that is the price we pay for freedom. I am sure if we
round up every muslim in the us we'd catch a lot of terrorists, but
we'd probably violate the constitutional rights of even more
innocents.

Why not investigate every Italian-American? I'm sure we'd catch some
mobsters.