Tommy, With all due respect, it kind've bums me out that within the talk of
saving the
Wonder Bar, which I support, there's other things being mentioned about Deep
and The
Stone Pony not being part of "the scene".
Those places have their own scene. It may not be what you are into, but it
doesn't make
those places any less viable. The Stone Pony has always packed in the people,
and I think
they do a pretty good job in booking acts that are in line with what's current
today. Same
goes for The Saint, where I work.
In my opinion, the whole of the Asbury music scene needs to be preserved. Even
though
the Sound of Asbury is widely known, for many years venues like the Stone Pony,
The Saint
and Asbury Lanes have continued the tradition of being the only venues in the
Jersey Shore
area, and Monmouth County as well that continue to showcase new and original
music
from local as well as national bands.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't you think they will do that anyway?  Isn't it better for Partners to
> get rent than
have an empty building?  Some life along the water will help with condo sales
as well.