well said

----- Original Message ----
From: justifiedright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 4:50:21 PM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Belmar - Eminent Domain

Dan I agree with the philosophy of your post here about the use of
ED.

However, I don't think I tried to pin something on JK. That sounds
like I was ascribing to him postions he does not hold.

I pointed out that at anti-ED rallies he called for a State-Wide
moretorium on ED. At the same time he did that, he was co-chair of
a committee that recommended the use of ED (co-chair with another
man who says he does not favor ED).

Those facts are true.

My analysis of those facts is that his positions are inconsistent.
If I'm in a bad mood I'll say hypocritical.

He reads this board. If he would like to clear it up, he can. I
don't believe he posted anything about this the first time it was
brought up.

I know what it is like to be on the losing end of ED. It happened
to my family. Real tears are shed. It is a VERY emotional time.

People at those rallies are in an emotional state. To show up and
promise so strongly to be in their camp (accompanied by great
applause I'm sure) all while actually furthering the cause of the
other side is not the sign of someone who cares about them, it is
the sign of a guy looking for votes, trading on their emotional
state.

It's like lying to crime victims about helping them, and then
passing legislation that helps the perpetrator.

In my opinion.

Let him tell me why I'm wrong.