I'm sorry, but I'm struggling to understand why greater state
oversight would be bad...  It's clearly not working today?  Can
things get much worse than the disfunction we've seen here - and
apparently also in so many other Abbott districts given the other
post today?

I don't know anything about this proposal other than what you posted
below.  Can you please shed some light on why you are opposed to
this?  And if not this, what?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ALERT!
>

> 'Super' County Superintendent on Monday's Senate Agenda
>

> On Monday, Feb. 5, the state Senate may act on a new version (S-
19) of legislation to create "super" executive county
superintendents.

> Thanks to your previous efforts, we not only held off action on
this proposal, but also successfully eliminated a provision that
would have moved school board member elections to the partisan
November election.

> It's time to act again.
>

> S-19 would affect every local school district in New Jersey.
>

> The bill would .
>

> ·         Give a politically appointed state official sweeping
powers over local school district budgets.

> ·         Eliminate savings school districts have already achieved.
>
> ·         Affect school district grade organizations and
boundaries.

> The bill would not save property taxes
>

> Take action now .
>

> 1.   Call, e-mail and fax your state Senator as soon as possible,
and urge your Senator to vote against S-19!

> To find your state Senator's contact information, consult the
NJSBA Legislative Directory or visit the NJSBA Legislative Action
Center online.

> 2.   Call Senate President Richard Codey at (609) 292-5215 to
express your opposition to S-19.

> Remember .
>

> ·         S-19 will not reduce property taxes.  It will hurt our
children's education.

> Thank you for taking action!
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Edwina M. Lee
>
> Executive Director
>

> This electronic communication, including any attachments, contains
information from the New Jersey School Boards Association that may
be legally privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. This communication also may include content
that was not originally generated by NJSBA or which may be
copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
immediately and delete it from all computers on which it may be
stored. This communication is not to be construed as establishing an
attorney-client relationship or as legal advice. For legal advice,
please contact your board attorney. This message does not
necessarily reflect the position or policy of the NJSBA or its
members. The individual who sent this message is solely responsible
for its content.

> Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses. You
should, however, review this e-mail message, as well as any
attachment thereto, for viruses. We take no responsibility and have
no liability for any computer virus which may be transferred via
this e-mail message.