--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <asburydogma@> wrote:

The taxe have NOT gone up that much 4 -5 percent a year over the last
few years, compare it to other Urban Cities. It's not that much the
State average is 7 percent. As for planning have you looked at your
life lately? The Empire State building was built when people would
work for pennies an hour. NOT UNION WAGES!

Waterfront condos to make splash

> The only splash happening is the sound of the Condo market falling
into the Ocean as the
> tax bills of current residents continue to increase. This has been
so delayed and so poorly
> planned out that it may be several more years before AP is in a
good financial position.

> > "It's not a dream anymore," Fernbach said. "By this summer, we
should
> > have at least 50 or 60 people living here to enjoy the ocean and
the
> > town — people shopping and spending their money in the city."
>
> Now there's a laugh, people do not generally spend their disposable
income in their home
> town. If they will even call AP their Home. Remember what the
target market is.

> > Thursday. "They (Paramount Homes) has a vision there and that's
what
> > they sold me. They have partnerships with all of the developers.
> > Asbury used to be a destination city and they're trying to bring
that
> > back."
>
> Sold a lie ! There was never an intent to Restore AP just to
Remodel it.

> > Tax revenue anticipated
> >

> > Both builders are about six months behind schedule getting their
> > first units finished and sold, which, for the city, meant Asbury
Park
> > did not get the tax revenue from the new residences that was
> > projected for last year's budget.
>
> People have short memories, the promise to the public was several
hundred units of new
> tax revenue within one year of signing the deal. That was over 5
years ago. We have
> actually lost ratables due to condemnation and demolition.
>
> > Reidy said the city projected $925,000 in tax payments from the
> > condominiums in 2006.
>
> Ouch ! That money never came in.
>
> > Gershwin said two new buildings are under design for
Westminster's