Ok Carolyn I understand what you are saying.

I do get to walk that area once in a while, as we sometimes attend
mass at the Lutheran Church on 1st Avenue.  My kids go to Bible
School there every summer, too.

When the little one acts up in Mass, I usually take him outside and
walk him around there.  And yes, I'll admit it, sometimes I pinch
him and make him cry so I can get out of Mass early.

Now - how about that City Council run?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "curtincarolyn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
you
> can look at those stats in VERY different ways.....alot of what you
> might be looking at has been generated by me personally by actively
> assisting our Police department in doing their jobs...no calls=no
> stats...calls=stats....I am not afraid of stats...
>
> As to me asking the council for help...I was there to assist them
in
> doing their jobs by making sure we have ordinaces & merchantile
> licenses w/enforceable punishment stipulations in place to protect
us
> in the event that unscrupulous business' open in our
> city/neighborhoods that are damaging in every way that we would
have
> some recourse against them.
>
> I specifically wrote WALKED around our neighborhood rather than
> driving...you see things much clearer when not trying to control a
> motor vehicle at 25 mph or higher while dodging enormous pot holes.
>
> Never would I ask you to remain quiet about anything that has
> unfortunately happened to you at the hands of criminals and I am
truly
> sorry, but that blanket thing that I was referring to applies here
> because one bad person (business owner,thief,prostitute,dealer) can
> ruin alot of good peoples' efforts. This a great neighborhood in
it's
> closeness to Cookman,downtown,beach and people with hutspah(sp)and
> there have been remarkable improvements made in the last couple of
> years and they will continue.
>
> It becomes personal when you invest your life in something you care
> for and that's exactly what I have done and will continue to do.
>
> I am about to WALK to America's Cup to meet a potential new
business
> owner in our southeast quadrant if you would like to meet us.
>
> Carolyn
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@> wrote:
> >
> > Carolyn first of all let me say I admire your pride regarding
your
> > neighborhood. Hey, didn't someone encourage you to run for
council
> > once or twice? ;-)
> >
> > I've been told that I often take it too personally when someone
says
> > something I think is off base about AP too, so I know where you
are
> > comming from with that. I'm proudly provinchial.
> >
> > I will tell you though that I'm in that neighborhood regularly -
> > almost daily.  I work very close to there. I am looking for a
summer
> > place and I have been deliberately up and down those streets
around
> > there quite regularly this past year.  Nice homes on 1st.
> >
> > All of that being said, and doing my best to respect your
feelings,
> > that area is not one of the best in AP when it comes to crime.
It
> > isn't the worst, but certainly not the best, which is all I
> > asserted.
> >
> > I'm not shooting from the hip here.  I've looked at the crime
stats.
> > I've asked police officers. I've looked at the Meagan's Law
stats.

> > You want the best neighborhood in AP?  It's the North West.  No
drug
> > houses, no houses of ill repute, no Megan's Law violators and
very
> > little crime as compared to the rest of the City.
> >
> > On a personal note, as to the neighborhood you are defending,
the
> > last time I was burglerized it was by a guy from that
neighborhood.
> > The last time I was approached by a protitute it was in that
> > neighborhood.
> >
> > You can lash out at me if you want - I can take it.  That won't
> > change the facts - particularly that fact that I never got all
my
> > stuff back from the scum that took it; cost me about
$18,000.00.
> > Pardon me if I have a bad taste in my mouth about crime in that
> > neighborhood, but I think I have the right, unless you think I
> > should get my stuff taken, lose 18 grand AND shut up about it.
> >
> > What confused me most about your post is that I've seen you at
the
> > microphone asking for help from the Council with crime in your
> > neighborhood.  I'm not allowed to talk about it though?  I think
the
> > $18,000.00 I donated against my will gives me the right.
> >
> > I didn't mean any of this as a personal affront to you. I admire
> > folks like you who are cleaning up the less than pristine
spots.
> > One house at a time. I'm hoping to join you.
> >
> > Some people still think you should run for council.
> >

> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "curtincarolyn" <ccstylin@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > You know Tommy for someone who gets paid to speak on behalf of
> > others
> > > I'm continually confused/angered by your blanket
statements  ....to
> > > say our neighborhood is not exactly the safest or any other
> > negative
> > > adjectives you might want to use is hurtful to those of us
that use
> > > every free second,dollar and ounce of energy that we have
making
> > it just
> > > that...safer...Our property values are not crashing ...quite
the
> > > contrary, they are more valuable...TO US. The people who have
> > > purchased here are people not faint of heart, PEOPLE WHO STAND
UP
> > FOR
> > > ASBURY!!, people who actually want to make a difference in the
> > quality
> > > of life for all here not just people interested in flipping
and
> > making
> > > a buck...We live here of our own choosing and I for one hope
Dan,