What kind've violations does the house I mentioned have?
Seems to me they've put a huge amount of work on that home, with lot's
of craftsman working all the time on the project. They transformed an
empty home into something really nice.
Maybe the zoning code is more of the problem.
And if Asbury is going to start cracking down on people that are
trying to do something good to their properties, shouldn't they first
start addressing the people who don't take care of the properties they
own?
Case in point, the horrendous bungalow near the corner of 1st and
Kingsley. It's 4 homes west of Kingsley, and it's a horrible
disgusting mess. Trash everywhere, cats everywhere. It's an eyesore,
and worse, somebody lives in that mess. Why isn't something being done
about that?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Before this gets too far ahead of itself, keep in mind that many of
the "renovations",
> "rehabilitations" and "restorations" have been done in violation of
our local zoning laws.

> Routinely, work in violation has not been stopped or summonsed. What
'someone' may
> perceive as a great job may actually have violations of local
zoning. We run the risk of
> awarding folks for breaking the law in the course of their property
"improvements".

> The property named by Hinge is an example of several violations.
Better make sure