Didn't you have code violations?

----- Original Message ----
From: wernerapnj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2007 7:47:43 AM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: awards for best rehab of a house

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> What kind've violations does the house I mentioned have?
> Seems to me they've put a huge amount of work on that home, with lot's
> of craftsman working all the time on the project. They transformed an
> empty home into something really nice.

Violations are:

- Casement windows on third floor
- Stockade fence exceeds height limit
- Stockade fence between building and street
- Picket fence exceeds height limit
- Fences outside property boundaries

Hinge, you seem to be implying that $$$ and quality gives one the right to
violate the
zoning codes. Certainly that's not what you mean, or is it?

> Maybe the zoning code is more of the problem.
> And if Asbury is going to start cracking down on people that are
> trying to do something good to their properties, shouldn't they first
> start addressing the people who don't take care of the properties they
> own?

I hope you are not in the camp of "any improvement is a good improvement" .
You seem to be confused about the roles of Zoning and Code Enforcement.

Zoning regulates land use, mass, bulk, setbacks, architecture, density etc.

Code enforcement deals with garbage, maintenance, over-crowding, health
hazards, etc.

> Case in point, the horrendous bungalow near the corner of 1st and
> Kingsley. It's 4 homes west of Kingsley, and it's a horrible
> disgusting mess. Trash everywhere, cats everywhere. It's an eyesore,
> and worse, somebody lives in that mess. Why isn't something being done
> about that?

Are you saying that Zoning should be suspended/not- enforced because some
property
has health and safety issues that are not being addressed?

Werner

Never miss an email again!