Can we contact this guy and let him know there is a nice Mission
from Morristown looking for a place to open at the Shore?

Tell him Stand up for Asbury will hold fundrasiers to help it open
down there.

TOPIC OF THE DAY: Homeless problem

Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 02/19/07
 Post Comment
Start campaign of compassion

I am a resident of Toms River, and it is absurd that in this town of
wealth, we have needy people living just a few hundred feet off our
main roads. What we need is our elected officials to recognize this
problem publicly, develop a plan and let us know what we can do to
help.

We can get our citizens all worked up about stem cell research and
excited over a 3-day-old blastocyst that can only become a human if
implanted into a womb. And we have people freezing and dying a few
feet away from us, and we just turn our heads the other way.

We can ask our people here to invest millions of dollars for a
school bubbledome to run track and field and we have people dying
around us.

We need an Ocean County Peace Corps. We need someone to stand up and
empower the wealthy to help the needy. After all, what good is all
this wealth and good fortune if we have no compassion?

John Busco

TOMS RIVER