I can't help, but agree.  Your posts, say it all, in a nutshell!
thanks, Tommy, for laying it out, as only you, can!  Appreciate it!
SB

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <apeaexec1@> wrote:
>
> > The RBR deal for all the districts, especially Deal, Interlaken and
> > Allenhurst is a copout for those towns.  It's a loophole that I have
> > questioned in Interlaken for several years.  When I questioned it
> > for the sake of making these parents either send their kids to AP or
> > send them to a school they have to pay for, I was told we can't do
> > that.  I don't know all the legal aspects of this situation.  You
> > would know better than me.  All I can tell you is that somehow, they
> > are allowed to do this.  The lawyer, at the time, was Sandy Brown,
> > for the Interlaken BOE.  What I resent is the fact that as a
> > taxpayer, I have to subsidize a "music Program" for students
> > attending RBR, when we all know that none of these students will
> > ever be majoring in music.  It's a bunch of b.s.
>
> We agree!  But don't look at the situation like it is a mystery.  I've
> told you how it happened (Commissioner's ruling) and why it happened
> (to get the white kids in the Asbury district away from the black kids
> in Asbury).
>
> If anyone is unwilling to say that is the reason it was done, then you
> can certainly sign on to the idea that it created de facto segregation
> (segregation in fact as opposed to intent - which is just as illegal).
>
> Racial segregation no matter how you cut it.
>
> The question is, what to do about it?
>
> I have that answer too:
>
> Federal Civil Rights lawsuit.
>
> Calling Frank D!  Calling Robert D!  Calling Garrett G!
>
> Please do it.  You want to help the kids? You want to go down in
> history as the 3 best Board members ever?  You want to be civil rights
> heroes?
>
> File that suit.  Please.

I agree to the above statement, too, but how?  It takes money and lots
of it.  Like I said, I am not privy, to what the school boards rights,
are.  Don't have a clue, as to how they can pull this, off.  Tommy,
explain, how.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM