At what point is educational opportunity considered equal?

Shouldn't a kid and parent be held repsonsible for reaching that goal?

TD - - how about closing the high school and giving each parent $13k per kid
voucher to
go anywhere they want?  With the savings vs. AP spending, there is even
relocation money
SHOULD they elect to move closer to a new school.

Why not address the problem at hand - mismanagement  at home and in the school.
Kids
are in school for 7 hours per day. 5 hours of it are academics. Maybe 2 hours
they pay
attention.

That leaves plenty of time to dream. 17 hours of free time. How about extending
the
school day or providing jobs to high school Jrs and srs if they don't have
them?

The real problem is getting the troublemakers out of the room. This includes
those
attempts to mainstream. While many of these ideas are good - it does disrupt
the process.

The magnet schools, in my view, were developed to get the smarter kids out, out
of the
mainstream. The avg kid gets stuck in status quo enviroment.

Talking about private school and affordability, I can tell you I told my
daughter NO when
she came out numerous times to get her OUT of the OT system.WHY? Classess out
of
control, teacher turnover for one reason or another and lack of enforcement
(keeping kids
out that don't belong). Add to that drinking and drugs during school.

I told her to stick it out. Am I right?

One school official told me that this IS public school and I don't have to pay
for it.

Imagine me, hearing that.

I asked what my school taxes went for?