It all boils down to DISCIPLINE AND ACCOUNTABILITY.
> Despite the way I feel about what’s going on now, AP
> School system is NOT A LOST CAUSE. We still have
> people that care about the AP school system.
> Something
> has to be done and it has to be done now. The
> solution
> is not closing the school, it’s not busing the
> students out.
>
> My child attends Hope Academy Charter School in AP.
> There are approximately 135 children in the
> school—15
> children per class –1 teacher 1 aide. The same
> children that reside in AP attend HACS. The
> mandatory
> policy is:
>
> 1.) Uniforms
>
> 2.) Hours of operation 8:00 -3:00
>
> 3.) Saturday school 9:00-12:00 once a month
>
> 4.) Parents have to attend a mandatory scheduled
> Saturday school 4 times out of the year
>
> About 50 dedicated parents attend on a regular
> basis- Even though it’s mandatory the policy can’t
be enforced because the children can not be removed
based on NJ State Statutes. But the 50 parents still
attend because they care about their child’s
education, and will not allow one bad apple to spoil
the whole bunch

> 5.) Before and after school programs installed.
>
> 6.) Covenant Signed and discipline enforced .
>
> The only problem MONEY --AP public school gets 18 k
> we get a little more than half from AP GO FIGURE---
Our children are Learning. The commissioner states
> they’re working to fix this but it may be while
before it happens.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM