--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dfsavgny" <dfsavgny@> wrote:
>
> > Hammered by the city? Nice. I brought this up nearly 3 months ago
and
> > it was disputed by the city but they said they would check into
it. I
> > have been after Terry repeatedly for the information which is
> > still "shortly forthcoming."
>
> Sort of, Councilman Keady was the voice, his fellow Council Members
looked a bit
> uncomfortable.
>
> Werner

Because they know the numbers are true. I know they are trying to
massage the numbers which I warned them several weeks ago would not
cut the mustard. While it is expected that demolitions to make way
for new developments will temporarily reduce assessed value (for
improvements) it is another thing when nothing replaces those
improvements for several years, and yes folks, it is now several
years. They looked uncomfortable because they promised new ratables
and the net effect is that there are none. Only a decrease.