Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am writing to correct the following comment posted by Mr. Frank
Farrell, 920 Monroe Avenue:

"I have attended all the zoning board meetings, and Mr. Keady is
anything but discreet.  At the last meeting he stood up in the middle
of testimony, to take his chair and move it to the other side of the
room, so that the entire board could see him."

As I wrote in my last email addressing the misinformation in Mr.
Vail's post, "For the majority of the meeting I sat on the right side
of the City Council Chambers next to Mr. Tom Pivinski, an Asbury Park
resident and business owner and someone I consider a friend."  As for
Mr. Farrell's assertion that I took my chair and moved it to the
other side of the room, so that the entire board could see me:

In the latter part of the meeting I received a telephone call (my
wife asking what time I would be home) and I stepped out of the
chambers to take the call.  When I returned from the lobby, my seat
next to Mr. Pivinski was occupied by another resident/business
owner.  He offered to get up, but I told him it was fine, I would get
another chair.  The nearest open chair was next to an older African-
American woman who I know has difficultly walking.  Rather than ask
her to get up so I could get past her, I excused myself and gently
reached over her and literally took the open chair.  I then placed
the chair against the wall on the right side of the chamber, a
distance of about 7 feet, hardly "across the room," and I sat back
down next to the resident/business owner and Mr. Pivinski.  I thought
I did my best not to be disruptive during this time.  I apologize if
I distracted Mr. Farrell.

Peace, JWK

Councilman James W. Keady
1 Municipal Plaza