> exactly. that's why most towns fight for ratables. the purpose is
to reduce the burden on the homeowner. u should wish walmart came to
town. onnce u get your new tax bill ...when that is done u might be
more concerned.

Just a clarification: a Ratable is any Taxable Property
(development).

The party line in Asbury Part to justify 3000 condos on the
beachfront has been "We need ratables". Fact is that entertainment,
lodgeing, theaters and any other taxable uses are all ratables. As
would be office space downtown.

Many uses are actually more beneficial then condos, not just in tax
terms but employment and attacting outside cash flow also.

For some reason unknown to me, most folks just think ratables =
condos. Much to the detriment of Asbury Park.

Werner