On 03/31/07 Saturday during the Asbury Park Little League opening Ceremony 2
Veterans rasie a Flag at 12:15 it was donated from the VFW 1333 of A/P.Alot of
you parents & gaurdians are the foundation of what this Flag to our Country &
how you rasie your children.I have seen alot of blame here on this site going
to the Asbury Park School System how many people get involve with there
children in the school system?The person rasing the Flag with me was my
Commander a retired Jersey City Catholic School Teacher also serve in the
U.S.M.C. during WWII.I served in the Berlin Brigade when the Wall was up
againest Communism.I keep a picture of the mine field by close to me so I don't
forget the Freedom we have here. Sometimes we see people here from all
differant Countries working so hard long hours from driving a Taxi to running a
Store.Well they know just how bad it is where they come from.So lets remember
something here the Flag of our Country is about Freedom that can be forgotten
once in awhile. Its about people of differant Races & Religons getting along
with each other!.Know people are going to rasie there children some will get
involve with sports & school because there going to what the best.Some
won't.The one that don't there kids will be on the streets. I have a very close
friend that is rasing his 2 daughters in N.C. like in was rasie here in A.P. by
his Grandmother he is rasing them by himself after being wounded in Iraq.By
himself.Next time we look at our Flag flying in wind lets thinks about all the
Foudations out there that make that Flag fly so strong because there is alot
here in A.P.N.J. & our children out there future lets try to kept them from
having to go & getting wounded.

Jim Grabe
Another Veteran in A.P.N.J.