It sounds like censorship to me!  Who is this guy and authorized him,
to lean on you?  He has a boss, too and I'd contact both Senators, too
and the ACLU!  The podcasts aren't a bad idea, either!  Someone is
surely afraid of you, Maureen!  Sad, isn't it?  What can your
followers do?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Restore881FM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Whatever happened to Asbury Radio?
> Well I thought you'd never ask, Allen.
> The weekly show was like doing a feature article a week and so took
considerable time from my revenue producing work. For most of the past
6.5 years my freelance work suffered and so did my bank account. Just
prior to the first FCC visit to WYGG, I took an office job. My boss
allows me to work four weekdays and Saturday, affording me one weekday
to do my freelancing. It's working out quite well. The same cannot be
said for the show, which hasn't aired since Nov. 16th.
> This letter, below, that I sent to Sen. Menendez on March 20th, will
explain the current status. I recently got a response from Cong. Frank
Pallone to a similar fax I sent him, on Feb. 12th.  He said his office
had asked the FCC's enforcement bureau to look into it. If I don't
hear anything by April 8th, I should give him another call. This isn't
satisfactory since the station's temporary permit expires April 7th.
Pallone had no response to that information.
> I know you've been critical of my show in the past, Allen, but I
would hope that you and other critics could still appreciate the
importance of this threat to free speech - and no, I still don't know
who is behind this.

> March 20, 2007
>
> Re. FCC Intervention in WYGG 88.1FM
>
> Dear Senator Menendez:
>
> I have had a radio show, Asbury Radio (previously Restore by the
Shore and Restore Radio), on WYGG 88.1 FM, which would've been on the
air 7 years this June. The station is a low-band, minority owned
arrangement that broadcasts largely in Haitian Creole. (Abner Luima
bought and held the license until recently.)

> In mid-November Steven Desena, a field engineer with the FCC based
on Varick St., in NY, claimed to be driving by our studios at 601
Bangs Ave., in Asbury Park. Mr. Desena gained entrance to the building
and examined the antenna without WYGG present. DeSena phoned the
station manager, Jean Guy Henry, and pretended to be a cable installer
who needed the transmitter turned down to work on the roof. He then
summoned Henry  to the roof and brow beat Henry to try to get him to
turn off the transmitter. Eventually, according to Henry, Desena
turned off the transmission himself, which I’m told is a violation
of FCC rules. The station remained off the air from just before
Thanksgiving until February of 2007.

> Desena told Henry he’d have to move the station, which he did
during January.  The station was relocated to a house owned by and
adjacent to the French Haitian church at 414 Asbury Ave. The FCC
granted a temporary permit to allow the station back up on the air,
but that permission expires in early April. The management gradually
reintroduced programming to the station, with the exception of my
show. Henry told me in March that he’s afraid that my show is the
real target of the FCC’s attentions. (Desena visited again at the
new location on Jan. 28th.) This makes three or four visits to a
100-watt station in roughly two months. Despite this, there is no
record on the FCC's web pages for listing Notices of Apparent Violation.
> On a recent visit, Desena reportedly asked specifically about my
talk show and, granted this is second hand, told Henry that it may be
the public’s right to talk about this stuff but they (?) don’t
like it.

> Desena told Henry that all guests have to sign in, have to be listed
prior to show time as well, with their topics and how long they intend
to be on. Is this really Federal FCC Regulation? I can clearly see
where such rules would have a possibly chilling effect on free speech.

> My second question is: Can you find out who or what formed the
initial catalyst for Desena’s visit in November?

> By the way, it may mean nothing, but my last show to air over WYGG
was about the awakening potential of voters from Asbury Park’s West
Side. Naturally, this protracted situation has only given fuel to
speculation. Other subjects covered on my show have been random
violence against Latino workers, Eminent Domain, Abolition of the
Death Penalty, environmental and tenants' rights, etc.
> Again, if you could confirm these FCC requirements; and if you could
find out the reason for the FCC’s spontaneous visit and termination
of the signal, I would be most grateful.