--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not trying to be funny, but bring back the "whack"!  These kids need
> guidance, that they don't get, or the parents are too afraid to
> punish, them.  On the other hand, you have the "torturers", like those
> foster parents, who starved those 3 kids!  Kids today, will tell you,
> they will call DYFS, which I needed someone, to tell me what "Difus",
> is!  I kid you not!  I didn't know what WELFARE, was, because when I
> was a kid, it was called "RELIEF"!  When my Dad spoke about someone,
> who was on "relief", I thought they had passed GAS!   Okay, okay!  I
> am just in the dark, still naive, no, stupid!
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "oakdorf" <oakdorf@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <sharon_b283@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't know if it's me, or what, but I have a totally different
> >
> > I was talking to some guy the other day who said his teacher took care
> > of the problem kid himself. He had a big old college ring on, would
> > turn it around, and whack the kid in the side of the head.

Sharon,
You are right.Spending Easter at my Mothers out in Jackson for several days
brought back memories.I would never talk to my parents when I was growing like
some kids do today.My neighbors could whack me for being bad.Then I would get
whack when I got home.God Bless You Sharon you are a person Asbury Park is
lucky to have.You should run for Council.

Jim Grabe
Just Another Veteran
from Asbury Park.