Please remember to come to the Zoning Board Meeting tonight at 7:00
p.m. Stand Up For Asbury needs your support.

The attorneys for Stand Up For Asbury and the Market Street Mission
should complete their closing arguments tonight. Then the board will
have to make a decision. It will be one of the most important
decisions ever to face this board. Their decision will have a
tremendous impact on our quality of life. Their decision will impact
the safety of our residents. Their decision will impact future
redevelopment. Most importantly, their decision will prove whether
or not this city is strong enough to stand on its own two feet and
chart a course for its future.

Regardless of the outcome, the future of the city remains bright.
The events of this past year have shown me first hand how
passionately people love this city. I am proud to be a part of it.

I would like to say a few things about Kerry Butch, Linda Ziemba and
their organization. I passionately disagree with their support for
the Market Street Mission. I question their motivations. I am
certain they have been misled by both the Mission and the radical
pastors who try to divide this city. I am deeply offended by their
assertions that Stand Up For Asbury cares more about property values
than saving lives.

However, as I told Kerry over the phone when I asked to attend her
press conference, I respect her for taking a stand. Like Stand Up
For Asbury, they are learning just how hard it is to gather facts and
opinions, to make a judgment call and to stand behind it. Opponents
will pick apart and undermine their positions, second guess their
plan of action, or even just get in their face and try to intimidate
them. Stand Up For Asbury knows this first hand. Their position may
be harmful to Asbury Park, but having the courage of their
convictions has at least earned my respect.

While this decision will be made by our board, we still have a
responsibility to show them how we feel. Come to the hearings
tonight and Stand Up For Asbury Park!

Thank you again for your support.

Paul Vail
511 Second Avenue