> > I visited the Esperanza sales center this past weekend. The sales
lady
> > said they had sold 30 in the first 3 weeks. Not bad if true.
>
> not bad for 2 weeks. I almost believe it. The es has a design/look.
> The next question - how many are being purchased by investors
looking
> to  flip? I know of 2 so far. 30 sold 194 to go.

Ever the optimist Oak. Metro's whole purpose of the fabricated
birthday party to coincide with the opening of the sales office was
to let the people clamoring to get into the Esperanza drop their
deposits down. Three weeks later people who wanted a spot have gotten
it, and the "sales staff" is going to have to work a lot harder to
sell the other 87% of the units. There is no sense of urgency for a
buyer, and prospective buyers can now wait until people are actually
in & boardwalk amenities have opened before they tie up their cash
with a down payment.

Even Westminster claimed 50% were sold in the first month:
http://asburypartners.com/westminster_050906.html

I'd be willing to bet more money was made selling the rusted steel
from C8 than these 30 units. I'd hate to be MetroHomes when their
line of credit comes up for renewal if they are still sitting at
preconstruction occupancy of 13%.