The city should absolutely stop taking all RCA money.  It enables the
segregationionists' agenda. In addition, it promotes Asbury Park as a
welfare center.  Helping out our fellow man is noble, good and our
responsiblility, however it allows these other towns to pass the buck
and the responsibility onto us. If these other townspeople saw the
poor every day, delt with the range of problems poverty causes and
lived among or near the poor, they might be more inspired to help
solve the problems.  Instead it allows the problem to become out of
sight out of mind, but it is always in our sites and in our minds.
It's a sin.

Give me your tired, your sick, your huddled masses, yearning to break
free..............but make sure they go to Asbury Park and stay out of
my town.   I say a deal should be struck.  We will take the mission,
but we will never take RCA money ever again.

Why should we take the mission and not some wealthier town?  Because
we are better than them!