Nice work, Frank - and to the rest of your colleagues on the Board!

It really sounds like there's light at the end of the tunnel - and
not an on-coming train, either!
I did read about Carlita and your appropo quotes about her. It's
amazing how these roses bloom out of the fog of dysfunction. I'm glad
the Press is playing up these reports higher in the paper. These kids
deserve even more accolades than their peers from high functioning
districts.
Sharon is right on, as always, you deserve a break kid!!
Maureen
--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycheech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>     At last night's BOE meeting, the state intervention team gave a
90
> minute update on all aspects of their assistance to the school
> district from Early Childhood through High School.  Of all 600
school
> districts in New Jersey, they are spending the most time and
resources
> here due to the often dysfunctional, but fixable in their view,
nature
> of our school system.  Early Childhood and Elementary are the
> brightest spots here, and there are plans to ameliorate and
remediate
> the secondary level with initiatives from our own Board of Ed, a
> Middle School Initiative and Grant from UMDNJ, the NJEA, and
> assistance provided by the State.  There will be more transitional
> Summer school programs than ever before to keep the progress moving
> ahead.  The Intervention Team, headed by Assistant State
Commissioner
> of Ed Dr. Penelope Lattimer, as well as the Board expressed their
> admiration for the work being accomplished by the Acting
> Superintendent, James Parham.  The three students who won the
> district-wide spelling bee, the Teachers of the Year, the Students
who
> have been named to the Governor's School and the Monmouth County
> Student of the Month (a phenomenal young lady from our high
> school—there's a story about Carlita in today's Press) were all
> honored.  Also last night the Board passed a corrective action plan
> correct irregular business procedures that have needed correcting
for
> a very long time.  The present law firm was also re-appointed for
> another year with one "abstention" and one "no" vote.  Due to a very
> long agenda and unusually long closed session, the meeting ended
well
> past 11 PM.  As usual, I must state that I do not speak for the
Board.