On Asbury Radio's concerns of the past year and longer about the lack of an
emergency response plan for Asbury Park, may we call your attention to the
realities discussed in today's editorial in the APP.
Whether you agree with the proposed fund or not, you may want to ask Asbury's
leaders to show a little more initiative in getting the plan finished.
"Hurricane modelers predict that a Category 3 hurricane that makes landfall
in Asbury Park would put Newark Liberty International Airport under water. The
devastation caused by such a storm would not only wipe vacation homes off the
shoreline, but destroy block after block of the homes of low- and
moderate-income families who happen to live long distances from our coastline.
The
destruction of Tropical Storm Floyd, which affected towns throughout the state,
would
pale by comparison."  From today's commentary in the Asbury Park Press by
James Lee Witt, former director of Federal Emergency Management Agency under
Pres. Clinton, and James M. Loy, reatired Coast Guard admiral and former deputy
secretary of the U.S. Dept of Homeland Security.

Maureen Nevin
Asbury Radio -"The Radio Voice of Asbury Park"
88.1FM - "6" Years on the Air!!
Asbury's Own Live Talk Show_mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
601 Bangs Avenue
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on 88.1FM or
Listen Live or Later on the Web _http://www.asburyradio.com/_