Maureen,

Re:

Think it's  important to note that this excerpt from the Times is the LA
Times and it's  about a Calif. beach -- not A.P. I got your point, Mario, but
someone else may  not catch it on a fast read.

And I got your point.  I should have targeted the Subject Line more
precisely.

I was reacting to AP Bashers and the overwhelmingly negative comments  at the
AP Press site -- AP's sewers, beaches, minorities, et  al.
Point was that the iconic beaches of California have similar  problems..

New point:  "Fast reads" which sacrifice comprehension are almost as  bad as
thoughtless fast comments at AP Press.

Thanks for  the heads up to correct the record.

Mario