Perhaps there was something about this in the news, but if there was
it must be hidden pretty well because I certainly didn't see it.
Maybe you are talking about the vandalism of the new sprinkler system.
And what you are saying about creating an environment where something
like this will not be tolerated is dead on. Same goes for your
thoughts about people using AP like a trash can. That particular
problem is nothing new. Years ago when I was living up north, I was
dating a girl in AP and i'd always bring my dog with me. Every morning
back then i'd take my dog for a walk and marvel with disgust at the
amount of garbage on the streets of AP. I honestly think that many
people notice it because they are driving around in cars, so they
don't see things the same as a pedestrian might.
That's why I think that AP should start requiring that it's council
members take a monthly field trip, on foot, around the city to see
what it's really like.
I also think that AP should create a major public service campaign and
start sentencing people to public service details like cleaning up
areas and scrubbing off graffiti. Maybe if some low life losers got
their hands dirty cleaning up the messes that people like them make
they'd think twice about doing it themselves.
I know I sound like a broken record, but I am sick as hell of the
amount of trash in our city. It's disgusting.