and disgusted!

How about taking the opportunity to better one's own condition and
that of their family by using all the resources available to them to
get ahead?

My kids want a huge on the ocean, boats and fancy cars. I busted my
rear to have what I owe the bank today. On most weekends over the
psat 20 years, my friends would stop by and i'd be covered in
spackle, paint or dirt working on our house(s).

This is America, the land of opportunity, of which there are tons.
Sometimes you have to break out in a sweat to get paid. Most people
don't want to.

For lack of work, someone could always volunteer, which may lead to a
paying job.

There are more programs in corporate America to address diversity.
Job fairs, promotion opportunities etc.

Having been around that world, as you have, I'm sure you noticed that
at times, jobs are given to people who simply shouldn't have them,
given the qualifications.

That's all I'll say on that. Ot get ahead, you have to do it on your
own and not expect someone else to do it for you. Like the immigrant
risking it all o the freedom trains from South America for 38 days.
They are following a dream and an OPPORTUNITY to work.