On Jun 19, 2007, at 11:57 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 6/19/2007 11:18:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> So far what  I've seen is the emergence of two languages that do
> not look like they have any plans to become one.
> Once again, I agree.  Makes me somewhat uncomfortable, as do the
> burkas one sees more and more.
>
> I hope we don't get as nuts about this as the Quebecois and the
> Anglo Quebecers during the 1970s.  I think that's all quieted down
> now.  Not sure though.

That's what I think is funny.  You hear some people saying how Canada
does so well with two languages (although I think they've made both
languages "official") but the Francophones  still start movements to
succeed every few years.

Things aren't as pleasant between the two worlds there as some would
like you to believe.