From: Hinge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:49 am
Subject: [AsburyPark] The little things matter

There are the remains of bicycle chained to a street sign on Main
Street on the same block as The Saint. It's been sitting there for
over a week now, and every few days, it looks like somebody has stolen
another piece off of it.
And everyday, the police, the mayor, and the town council probably
drive past it. So do the people who pass thru our town.
I am increasingly getting the impression that our cities
administration is either too apathetic or too clueless to understand
that the city will always be judged by it's appearence.
Boarded up houses covered with graffiti are hurting us.
Garbage everywhere is hurting us.
Last night, I walked my dog on the boardwalk past two police officers
at the same time when there were more bicyclists then pedestrians.
While I love that somehow it's ok to walk my dog there even though the
signs say otherwise, as well as my fellow bicyclists having a good
time out on the boardwalk, it just makes me wonder if this isn't part
of the deeper problem. Laws are written but not enforced. If AP were
to crack down on the many quality of life crimes that plague our city
maybe things would begin to change.

AOL at AOL.com.