Dear Group members,

It appears I'm the victim of an attempted blackmail. I feel a
certain kinship with Miss New Jersey now.

I recently filed a lawsuit for a client who was severely defamed by
a pseudonymous blogger.

I have done several of these cases in the past.  In fact, I handled
the first ever Internet Defamation case on behalf of a public
official in New Jersey.  It's an active part of my practice.

These cases involve uncovering the identity of the pseudonymous
blogger. I have not yet uncovered the identity of this blogger, but
I'm close.

Apparently this blogger is very much involved in Monmouth County
politics.

I just received a communication from him.  He states that some
connected people in the Republican party are feeding him information
about me.  He is trying to intimidate me out of the case.  He'll
fail.

While he references several matters he thinks he can use to
embarrass me  (none of which I care about I assure you) I thought I
should let you all know that he refers to this Group specifically.

I think you all know me well enough to know that I stand behind what
I write here, so I fear nothing from him.  I don't care what he
publicizes about me regarding this Group.  If he does something
unfair to me, I'll handle it.  I'm being paid to handle it.

However, my concern is for some of you.  This person is not
interested in being fair. Having seen this person's penchant for
smear, I'm concerned he may drag any number of you into a "false
light" as he tries to embarrass me.

So let me say two things to all of you:

First, I apologize to you in advance if this person puts any of you
into a false light and damages you in an attempt to get at me.

Second, I will use every resource in my power to defend you and
shield you from any attack this person may be planning.  The Good
Lord knows most of you disagree with much of what I write here, so
it would be particularly awful should any grief come to you by an
association with me.  I'd feel terrible about that.

As Voltaire said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll die
for your right to say it."  That's how I fell about all of you in
this Group.  I'm not going to let some faceless blogger aggravate
you folks because of me even a little bit, I promise you.

Hopefully, he will limit his salvos to just me.

I don't think this person knows how many crimes he committed by
blackmailing me.  When I'm in a case, I'm an officer of the Court.
Any attempt to intimidate me is the same as trying to intimidate a
Judge or a Juror.  I don't think this guy knows just how deep is the
trouble he threw himself into.

If something strange occurs you think might be connected to this and
you aren't comfortable in handling it yourself, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Remember this person is committing a crime as he tries to intimidate
me.  I have every intention of making him and the people feeding him
the information about me pay for their crimes to the fullest extent
the law allows.

Again, my deepest regrets and apologies should this person cause you
annoyance in any measure in the future.

Thomas De Seno, Esq.
601 Bangs Avenue, 8th Floor
PO Box 500