Members of the council.
Please read the story below.
Every single time one of these stories is put on the APP website, it's followed
by many
comments posted by readers about how horrible our city is. If Asbury is every
going to
achieve the widespread acceptence that it once had, our city needs to get it's
crime
problem under control. A video surveilence system has been proven to work time
and time
again. A good PR campaign coupled with this could work wonders.

Asbury Park man robbed at gunpoint

ASBURY PARK: Police are searching for the armed robber who stole a wallet and a
gold
chain from a 60-year-old city man Sunday.

Around 7:50 a.m., as the victim stepped out of the back door of a Third Avenue
apartment
building, the robber pushed him back inside, into a common hallway, Capt. David
Kelso
said.

The thief pulled out a gun, demanded money and then took the victim's wallet
and chain,
Kelso said.

The victim was not injured, and the robber may have left the area on a small
bicycle, police
said.

The robber was described as a black male who had short hair and wore a blue
scarf over
his face. He was about 6 feet tall and very skinny and was wearing black pants
and a blue
shirt.

Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Steven Ramseur at (732)
502-4587 or
the department's tip line at (800) 799-8280.