In a message dated 9/12/2007 3:26:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In  AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Werner,
> Is it true that there is a tunnel under the boardwalk that  runs all
the way to the power..

The tunnel is true.

Around  1980, we had the store at first ave. We "discovered" it while
scraping  away the tiling. Opened up the manhole cover and looked at
each other. We  went back to the 'digger and got a case of michelob off
chuck, guzzled it  and found a flashlight...

we didn't go that  far.

Was that a different tunnel from the one which ran under Ocean Ave ---from
the Monte Carlo pool to lockers and the ocean beach if I remember  right?