> A round of applause for our fire department, the firefighters from
> other companies and all rescue workers that responded yesterday.

Its a thankless job until their services are needed (sort of like a
Historian, LOL) and fire takes a terrible toll on life and property.

As a teenager on Long Island my family home caught on fire through a
defective flue connection. Thankfully the house was saved but I
lived in the dining room for several months during repairs.

That was over 35 years ago and to this day my father still sends a
donation to that fire company every year.

The history of the Fire Services in Asbury Park is a great read.
Founder James Bradley was instumental in the formation of the first
company.

Modern building technoligy itself has its roots in the lessons
learned from devastating fires. Phrases like Fire-
Proof, Safe for the Public, etc decame major marketing issues for
this resort City.

Glad that it was not worse and hope all get well.

Werner