Dear Gil,

You said this:

"ASBURY PARK IS
NOT GOING TO SOLVE ALL OF THE PROBLEMS OF THE USA BY NEXT YEAR! But,
we could, in this small city, begin to work on them, rather than deny
them."

Do you know what the problem is in Asbury Park Gil?  You are.
People recently moving here who don't know us, making allegations
about us that we deny people's problems instead of working on them
as you say in the quote above.

At least you hit on the right topic.

We have done more for the poor than every other town in the County
combined, and pound for pound probably the most in the state.

17% of our housing stock is set aside for the poor, including the
homeless.  The housing that isn't is still the most affordable in
the county.  39 Churches.  80 non-profits.  Agencies, methodone
clinic, AIDs clinic, probation office.

All of that hard work we did BEFORE you got here Gil.

So imagine the indignity you cause us to suffer, when you come in
from out of state and tell us we have to BEGIN to help?  Imagine our
insult when you accuse us of denying people's problems?

Look pal - I'm trying to stay polite because of your age.  However I
do warn you  - I had a falling out with a Priest over this, so try
not to insult us again.

Your kindly way and grandfatherly won't hide the fact that you
insulted us with your quote above.