--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "evosap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Loffredo at the Homebuyers breakfast in the summer acting as both
> broker and councilman made me and others a little uncomfortable...he
> was the only broker there and I believe town money was used ...Jewel
> ran it.

I am not picking on John L. Really I am not. But I feel uncomfortable
as well with those issues. Tommy can chime in on this - in law, for
instance with lawyers, judges, etc., it is not an "actual" conlfict of
interest that matters, but rather that a "perceived" conflict exists
(read the federal arbitration rules and cases TD).

This has been brought up before at council meetings and the city's
answer is that John has no conflict. However, I cannot see how a
perceived conflict of interest does not exist when you vote on issues
as a council member that effects developments in the WRA (if not the
city as a whole)  and DO NOT agree NOT to do business as a realtor in
thos developments. The same goes for the TRC and Planning Board on
which John sits I believe.

Perhaps I am wrong. Maybe John has avowed not to act as a realtor in
any properties in the WRA and any properties that come before the
planning board.