--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Lots of AP Press coverage today of Columbus Day parades in Seaside
>and Long
> Branch.
>
> No mention of Asbury Park's landing.  Why's that?

Nancy Shields came last year when there were rumors of some sort of
a showdown with protestors.  She did a column on the "conmtroversy."

No such rumors this year, so no Nancy.

I guess a beautiful day, thousands at the beach and boardwalk, the
ceremony, the dignitaries that came out, etc. is good news, so no
Asbury Park in the Press.

I imagine if Christopher Columbus came off the boat, joined the
Bloods and sold me a half ounce of reefer, then it would have been
on the front page.

The Coaster was there.  They never let AP down.