I was not shocked or surprised to hear of the high numbers of New
Jersey Residents who have fled the State.  I contribute this "Great
Escape" to three very simple things.  The highest taxes in the
country, the most corrupt officials in the country and the mass
development using abusive condemnation and eminent domain.  When you
tax the people out, rob the people out and throw the people out of
their homes and businesses, what did you expect would happen?

These three problems are controlled by 120 elected officials sent to
Trenton, by the very same people who later wake up and start packing
to move.

Those of us who have not started boxing up our possessions as of yet,
have an opportunity to do something to fix the problem.  On November
6 send all 120 incumbents back to private life by voting for some new
Senate & Assembly people who are dedicated to lower spending, smaller
government, less taxes, honest Government and development without the
use of eminent domain for private developer gain.

May God have mercy on New Jersey.

KEVIN BROWN

> Jerseyans leave at alarming rate
> Outflow is damaging economy
> Wednesday, October 10, 2007
> BY JOE DONOHUE
> Star-Ledger Staff
>
> Residents are leaving New Jersey at three times the rate they were
> just five years ago, a trend that is already doing real damage to
the
> state's economy and budget coffers, a new Rutgers University report
shows.

> The exodus is so bad, the study says, it could lead to an overall
drop
> in the state's population as soon as next year.
>
> "The population outflow is real, is approaching worrisome
dimensions,
> and is exerting a small but increasingly negative impact on the New
> Jersey economy," said the study by Rutgers economists James Hughes
and
> Joseph Seneca.
>
> Last year alone, the loss of people cost the state economy about $10
> billion in income, and about $680 million in state budget revenue.
>
> While the economists said they are certain the exodus is growing,
they
> are less sure of why. Possible reasons include high housing costs
and
> the state's generally high cost of living. Society in general also
is
> increasingly mobile, they said.
>
> Seneca said state leaders need a broad agenda to reverse the slide.
> The solutions, he said, should include a further reduction in the
> highest-in-the-nation property tax burden, more investments in
> infrastructure, science and technology and new policies to restore
> business confidence.
>
> "These trends are not going to be reversed overnight," Seneca said.
>
> In their study, Seneca and Hughes reviewed Census and Internal
Revenue