Jack both your links go to the smae video.

That column wasn't about dogs being merely cute. It was about cute
getting them better treatment than other animals.

It was a very pro animal article (many missed that point; that has
to be my fault - wasn't clear enough).

Pointing out how badly we treat the not so cute animals was not
supposed to be taken as an argument that we should downgrade our
treatment of dogs.

The interpretation could be that we should raise our treatment of
the not so cute animals.

Cows and chickens thanked me.

Writing that column each week has been a learning experience for
me.

This year alone I learned two things -

Don't critcize a priest no matter how wrong he is, and don't compare
a dog to other animals.  People won't think critically on either
issue.