and no I am not a yuppie. I didn't grow up in asbury park and never knew it in
its hayday.
However I have been coming since I was 14 years old to go to concerts and have
loved it
ever since. I could never afford to live in any of the new buildings and I am
considering a
newly renovated condo a block west of Asbury lanes. Im sure you guys know the
ones.

Anyway, I had lots of questions if you guys don't mind answering for me.
First, I commute to NYC and would take the bus, the Academy bus that
comes through asbury on its way to the Lincroft parkway exit. Does anyone do
this
everyday is 2 hours each way kill you? I take an hour and a half now.

Second, I see a lot of people who are very down on revitialization. I
understand some
people have an agenda (the bike guy) but what is the general feeling? For an
outsider
like me, things look to be going great (but slow) I remember the rainbow room
buidling
and lots of the other ones that dont exist anymore. It really seems like its
turned the
corner. I just would never want the idiots that go the places like Pier Village
polluting
asbury, lets hope they dont.  Is there a worry that the downturn in the market
will stall the
efforts?

Third, how safe do you feel? How much crime spreads over to the East Side?
I am a 27 year old male and would feel safe, but would worry about my
girlfriend.
We both lived in NYC so its not like we have no street sense and I know crime
is part
of the package at this point. But how bad does it get close the the boardwalk?
My brother-in-law is a federal probation officer and says its really bad right
now
but the FBI is really cracking down.

I might have more questions but thanks to any who may answer.