Just got to watch, today, the September  Memorial Tribute to Molly Ivins. The
final reading was her 1999 essay, "It's a  Jumble Out There" which is a
tribute to Americans.

It included "even a salute to the finger waggers  and Jeremiahs, who remind
me of Vera Carp of Tuna, Texas.  She used to say,  "You will act like a
Christian, or I will slap the snot out of you."
_http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,991467,00.html_
(http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,991467,00.html)

Then to the city council meeting which was  pleasant enough: reasonable
comments but no vitriol even regarding  last night's zoning decisions.

Followed that with a Smithwick's tasting among  friends.

Then home for some ensalada (aka  'scarola from my peasant background),
fresh baked calamari, and Barolo wine recommended  by Lidia.

Then more Molly:  "I have been attacked by Rush Limbaugh on the air,  an
experience somewhat akin to being gummed by a newt.  It doesn't actually  hurt,
but it leaves you with slimy stuff on your ankle"

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice,  beloveds, but don't you forget to
have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter  ring forth. Be outrageous,
ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities  that freedom can
produce. And
when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin'  the sheer joy of a good
fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun  it was."

I'm not feeling slimy, (in part due to the support  here).

All in all a good day in Asbury Park.

Cordiali saluti,

Mario

Molly Ivins died in January, 2007 of breast  cancer.  R.I.P.

The tribute is located here:
_http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=8607&SectionName=&PlayMedia=No_
(http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=8607&SectionName=&PlayMedia=No)