Asbury Park man shot during robbery
Posted by the _Asbury Park Press_ (http://www.app.com/)  on  10/18/07
BY _MICHELLE SAHN_ (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])  _Post  Comment _
(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20071018&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=71018044&SectionCat=
&Template=printart#comments)
ASBURY PARK — Police are investigating the shooting of a city man during an
apparent robbery attempt.

The victim, who lives on Fourth Avenue,  initially told police he was shot
once in Red Bank on early Saturday morning.  But after further investigation,
authorities determined the 22-year-old was shot  on the 1100 block of Sewall
Avenue in the city.

A friend of the victim  drove him to Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch
to be treated for the single  gunshot wound to the stomach, said City Police
Capt. David Kelso.

When  the victim said he had been shot in Red Bank, police from that borough,
along  with members of the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office, started an
investigation.

But then authorities determined the shooting actually  happened in the city
around 3 a.m., said Kelso.

City police had  investigated a report of shots fired in that area around
that  time.

Police said the shooter approached the victim, displayed a gun and  demanded
his belonging.

The victim punched the man, and the man shot the  22-year-old, police said.
Then the shooter ran away.

The gunman was  described as a 18- to 19-year-old black man, with a light to
medium complexion,  who was about 5 feet 11 inches tall, had short hair, no
facial hair, and wore  blue jeans, a gray hooded pullover sweatshirt and white
sneakers.

Detective Eugene Dello is handling the investigation for the  city. Anyone
with information is asked to call him at (732) 502-5776.  Information can also
be left anonymously on the department's tip line at  1-800-799-8280.
         _Post a Comment_
(http://forums.app.com/check_comment.php?articleId=71018044&section=News&title=
Asbury+Park+man+shot+during+robbery

&categoryId=NEWS&pubDate=20071018&relationValue=BBvalue1=NEWS&cacheTime=5&disp
lay=1&hideTopic=0)    _View All Comments_
(http://forums.app.com/viewtopic.php?t=20143)
____________________________________
      Asbury Park is pro gay, anti God and the  present day Sodom and
Ghamorah!

Judgement is upon them!!!

When you play with the devil, you lose.

Oh and don't  blame the christians for my post, I am not one.

Kicking  homeless people out of a shelter...
You just have to love it  when what goes around comes around.

Great press, your new  condos will look like the iron frame work that stood
there for 20  years, in the next 20.

Posted by: GrownUp on Fri Oct 19, 2007  12:05 am
____________________________________
    Here we go again, people blaming the  plight of the black man on
everything but his own actions....Wow, it  is amazing how blacks can do
anything, I
MEAN ANYTHING, rape a  child, murder, robbery, drug use, sell drugs, whore
themselves, show  bias towards people....all of this is wrong but guess
what...THEY
 GOT A FREE PASS...Society blames everything that the black man does  on
someone else.....Come on already......the Jews where killed in  the millions in
WW
II and they are not out there on the street doing  this violent things....and
they aren't blaming everything they do  wrong on the GERMANS r
NAZI's.....Black people act this way because  they want to, they want to stay
ignorant
because they want to, they  want to sell drugs and by some BLING BLING because
they
want to,  they want to impregnate woman upon woman and take no responsability
 because they want to....They know better, if you can't look in your
community for good examples look elsewhere and you will see what the  rest of
the w
orld does to earn an honest living, raise a good  family, get a decent
education....They don't want to do this because  they don't want to.....

Posted by: sydjim on Thu Oct 18, 2007  9:13 pm
____________________________________
    Lock 'em up Louie??????? Haha that woman  is from around the way.

Posted by: ImFrom GGrove '86 on Thu  Oct 18, 2007 6:53 pm
____________________________________
    Oh I remember Asbury way back  when.......no matter how hard they
try....it will never be the same  again

Posted by: airpat on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 pm
____________________________________
    I'm new to the forum. I think the  violence in AP is very sad, and that
the reason it happens is based  on a number of causes. I believe that the
redevelopment on the east  side of town is actually hurting the poor people on
the
west side,  because I think that it makes some low income folks angry that
their  town is being taken over by condos that they can't afford. Cookman  Ave.
is almost exclusively white-it used to be a mixed area. First  Night is mostly
white. Redevelopment efforts are pushing the poor  blacks out of AP and this
causes distress, leading to anger and  violence. I think that it may be
contributing to violence in  surrounding towns as well- Ocean grove has had a
rash of
burglaries  lately and I know of 2 armed muggings. I used to always feel safe
 walking around OG but now I and some of my friends are scared, it's  so
awful because that's being able to walk everywhere is one of the  reasons I
moved
to the town. What a sad state of affairs.  Also, the closing of the homeless
shelter is a wrong  decision. It's only been open a few months and it has a
great rehab  program-and it was somewhere for the homeless of asbury park to
sleep at night! Ugh

Posted by: oceangrover on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:49  pm