Tell incumbents to start packing
I was not surprised to hear of the large number of New Jersey residents who
have fled the state. ("More New Jerseyans leaving state," Oct. 10.) I
attribute  this "great escape" to three simple things: the highest taxes in the
country,  the most corrupt officials in the country and the mass development
using
abusive  condemnation and eminent domain.
When you tax the people out, rob the people out and throw the people out of
their homes and businesses, what did you expect would happen?
These three problems are controlled by 120 elected officials sent to Trenton
by the same people who later wake up and start packing to move. Those of us
who  have not started boxing up our possessions have an opportunity to do
something  to fix the problem.
On Nov. 6, send all 120 incumbents back to private life by voting for some
new Senate and Assembly people who are dedicated to lower spending, smaller
government, fewer taxes, honest government and development without the use of
eminent domain for private developer gain.
Kevin Brown
LONG BRANCH