--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Mario" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sobering thoughts about the arena.  I remember when, a long time
ago, AP
> had all its hopes in one or two baskets (gambling, Jai alai, etc.).
> Hope we stay on track with a "holistic" approach as mentioned in
this
> article.   Adapted from  Newark Arena's Economic Impact Unclear -

Newark has a major corporate sponsor.

Prudential.

I spent 2+ years working at Pru in NEwark. And I walked almost every
street-  that was before it was where it was today. (about 7 years
ago) I thought my name was legally changed to "whitey" or "white
boy". I think I bought the movie "good burger" on the street, right
in front of the Newark cop.

Newark has other corporatations there as well - office workers. Court
house, where a lwayer I spoke to the other day about the Esperanza
told me bullets bounced off the court house not so long ago....Asbury
was nothing to be afraid of.

I was eating lunch outside the train station and Gateway center once,
and I thought they were filming a tv show. Watched as a women had her
bag grabbed from her and the perp running down the street, the women
f'in him as she chased him, then 2 newark transit police who couldn't
move to well...

Newark is a better place.

That is, until Don Pepe's served me cold chicken and destroyed their
Tiramasu.