When I was the President/Chapeau of the 8 & 40, for Monmouth County,
2004-06, I had all of my formal luncheons and dinners, over at the
Berkley, (before this last renovation), being a resident and
displaying what is good about this City.  The upcoming
President/Chapeau, is a resident of Neptune and I'm looking into Old
Man Rafferty's, to have her incoming Dinner, there, in the Spring.  It
gives us a chance to get dressed up and out of the sweats/jeans/old
people clothes and have some "REAL" fun!  We put on our painted faces,
new hair cuts/dos and act like we're civilized!  I enjoy showing off,
how great Asbury Park, really is and how wonderful it is to live here,
(most of the time)!  Aside from the gritty, misery, we have to put up
with, because we're in transition, this really is a great place to
live in.  We do good work for Monmouth County and the hospitals, here,
JSUMC and Monmouth Medical Center.  I show the girls, where they can
buy GOOD stuff, the "nice" places to grab a bite and to come see for
themselves, a City in the re-making.  Just wish they had left
something to remember!  Sigh!