What used to be the Foodtown on Sunset Avenue in Wanamassa will be
re-opening on Saturday as a Spirits Unlimited discount liquor store.  I
wandered in
with some of the liquor stockers yesterday.  It's huge.

I noticed that they have a food section, as a convenience; however,  lots
more food there than one would expect-- I guess because the space is so  large
and because Azzolino is still involved there.  So those who regret  the loss of
Wanamassa's FT still have a nearby place.

One caveat: You have to walk past all the liquor aisles to get to the  food.
Like you have to walk to the farthest corner of most supermarkets to  get to
the basics, milk, bread, etc.  Not a good place to make a quick stop  for your
"Daily Bread" if you're on your way to an AA meeting.

Although I'm not a fan of Joe Azzolino, I will give him credit for the
transition: I'm told that none of the employees lost a job in the process.   My
favorites moved to Middlebrook, and accommodations  were made for those  with
transportation problems.

Looking forward to the NW AP market promised by Fasano.