I like that, too!  In San Antonio, across the street from the Alamo,
is Ripley's Believe it or Not!  You see some of the gruesome stuff,
that's just in the window!  Yeeech!  And on the street, was a "pink
cadillac"  reportedly driven by Elvis!  Next door to that, was a 50's
type, movie theatre, with an old fashioned 50's Marquee, right
downtown, where public transportation, dropped you off, etc.  Didn't
know until I visited, but what we think is the Alamo, is just the
Mission Church, that once stood there.  The Alamo, actually consisted
of acres and acres of land, now commercially used in downtown, San
Antonio.  That old Mission, stood a mile back from, where the ramparts
of the Alamo once stood, with Cannons at each corner.  Don't believe
me?  Look it up!  I was so proud to see the State Flags of New York,
New Jersey and Louisiana hanging, for every man that served in the
ill-fated fight.  There's still graffiti on the walls and huge "Bowie"
knives, on display in their cases.  When I was a kid, with this vivid
imagination, I owned a "Davy Crockett" hat and a rubber pirates'
knife!  I used to use my mother's eyebrow pencil, to draw a mustache
above my lips like Jean LaFitte! Jesus, I was a nut!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"