--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A positive would be if Partners default and get the boot.  Either
way we could be looking at years.

Well I am glad you have finally been converted. I welcomed the
Esperanza but I was not happy that Partners got $17.2 M to give its
investors. Partners will not go unless they are forced to leave. That,
as I laid out a couple of year ago, may entail cutting off our nose
for a while to spite our face. They must be bled dry. It has to be a
360 degree attacks. Revoke all tax abatements. Bring default on all
issues, infrastructure - everything. Let them know that you will not
condemn properties. You will not approve subdevelopers. Let them sue
for specific performance. It is a two-way street.

No one wanted litigation. I am hoping that the council will see that
that will ultimately come to pass. Better sooner rather than later.

What if the council finally agreed with my and other's analysis from
year ago that that WRP was not approved pursuant to statute? You start
over. Let partners sue for that. Bringing suit costs money and no
money comes in.

Raise the taxes on all of it properties. let them appeal. It takes years.

The city needs to learn that it can be the 800-lb gorilla in the room.

Everyone has to plead with the city to do whatever it can to get rid
of partners. It will NEVER work with them here.