It's the Asbury Partners way of doing things.
1) Forget about restoring everything that made the area unique...tear it down
2) Put up crappy little signs with ugly fonts telling everybody how your city
is being
transformed into a "Jewel by the Sea....At No Cost to You" (that should shut
them up  for
awhile
3) Hypnotize the town council with delusions of grandure
4) The town is troubled, so maybe they won't notice how many years will go by
before
anything happens
5) Find a developer and let them do all the work while you bask in their success
6) Meanwhile, totally ignore the feelings and hurt that this city has endured
7) Greed is a 5 letter word, so nobody should be offended by it
8) Let some hardworking people renovate a historic theater, treat them like
shit, then
move them out and let it rot to the ground
9) Promises schmomises
10) When it all doesn't work out, put your tail between your legs and leave,
and enjoy the
interest you've accrued from your initial investment, whilst the land you raped
sits rotting
away.