--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At last night's BOE meeting, Frank D'Alessandro came with some
> homework he did that will benefit the Little League greatly, but we
> need all of you to help.
>
> As you know, the BOE is refinancing debt on various old bonds of more
> than $10 million.  The savings will be about $65,000.00 yearly for 10
> years.
>
> Frank found that one of the bond issues in 1997 for $2 million
> contained an element promising to use the money to build a Little
> League field.

Hi Tom and Group,
   The research or homework, as you call it, was done by John Moor,
not really myself,  although you are kind to think so and bring it up.
 Armed with John Moor's documents, Danny and I did go to the
(fabulous) Asbury Park library that has all of the Coasters ever
published and a century's worth of Asbury Park Presses and looked up
the period preceding the 1997 bond issue and the promises made.
    The telephone number for the BOE is 732-776-2663.  If you can wade
through the byzantine phone system, you should be able to state your
opinion to Mr. Cowell.  I have not been given his personal phone
number or e-mail address, sorry to say.
    I really think with so many people calling before about his demand
(he now says it was just a "recommendation") that the Little League
move changed his demand into a "recommendation".  With enough people
calling and writing, I believe that he and the Board members can be
persuaded to do the right thing and give the Little League the
financing that was committed to them in 1997 and never delivered.
                                       Frank D'