--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "fancypaaantz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 30 partygoers charged with underage drinking
> http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
> AID=/20080115/NEWS01/801150361/1282/LOCAL06

Often the headline reads ocean twp police arrest...in underage drinking.

The good thing is, my 2 , so far, haven't been involved in either the
highschool or college
drinking "raids".

Take a hint here   - these are quality of life raids in Ocean Twp. When the
police drive
around from Thursday night through the weekend and see a few extra cars and or
kids
outside a house, they usually knock on the door or if the door is open or a
shade, they
walk in. But before they do that - they have an officer or two by the basement
door and
backyards so when the kids run, they get them or try to.

My logic why the headlines reads Asbury Park -  has to do with Internet related
searches.
Just a wild stab. But there are certain techniques on how to write for the
'net. A headline
that contains your "keyword" is one.

I wish the press would start or group all their stories by town.

If you want the press to print all rosy stuff about AP, then you have to
continue to see
that the quality of life in AP continues to improve. There will always be crime
everywhere.

If the press or times runs a MM story  - it probably goes much much further
then a drug
bust does. That story will get picked up more in national and international
publications.
Especially since MM issues it as a press release which is different then a
local story.

Be thankful for now that MM is here, trying to take control of the marketing
and
impressons of AP.

YOu might be surprised how the press will read two years form now.