I actually received a computer call from Hillary today asking if I
had to vote today, who would I pick Clinton, Obama or Edwards?

I never got such a call before...

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Brim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Independents can vote Feb. 5
>
> The Jan. 4 story "Unaffiliated N.J. voters don't have voice in
primary" suggests unaffiliated or independent voters the largest
group of registered voters in the state will be left out of the Feb.
5 presidential primaries. This is simply not true.

> The article explains that in New Jersey's closed primary system,
registered voters who aren't affiliated with a party can show up on
primary day, declare a party and vote in that party's primary, but
the headline is discouraging and misleading.

> Moreover, the article falls short of encouraging New Jerseyans to
engage in our civic duty to vote. An independent voter can vote Feb.
5. After the primary, you can declare yourself once again as
unaffiliated by mailing a form to your county's Commissioner of
Registration. The form is available from the state Division of
Elections.

> More than half of registered voters in New Jersey are unaffiliated
and could have a major say in the primary if they choose to do so.

> Voter turnouts in Iowa and New Hampshire were stellar, and
independents have played an important role in the outcomes. Will New
Jersey join in this important process?

> Historically, New Jersey has a poor turnout by both major parties
in presidential primaries. This is understandable considering past
New Jersey primaries have been so late in the calendar, the party
nominees already were coronated, leaving us with little say. But the
change in date to February's Super Tuesday changed all of that.

> So, independents, don't stay on the sidelines. Come out Feb. 5 and
vote the person, not the party.